"Your Health Insurance Specialists"
Health Shop ® 7823 W 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 Phone (303) 425-4466 Fax (303) 420-8988
Copyright 2013: Health Shop | Insurance Agency Denver | All rights reserved.
We offer employers free access to a powerful new HR online system gives a comprehensive view of benefit and human resource information. This online system allows employers access to:
- Thousands of pages of benefit and HR content from the latest in health care reform, state and federal employment laws, Cobra, Osha safety, wellness programs and more.
- Over 600 downloadable forms, policies and model notices. ie: HR forms, employee handbooks, required posters.
- Easy step by step guide on the implementation of COBRA and FMLA.
- Recruitment and hiring sections with simple "Steps to Success" guides to help implement major HR functions such as interviewing, hiring, orientation, reviews and terminations.
It is important for plan administrators, typically the employer, to provide timely distribution of required notices to each employee at various times throughout the year.
The SPD - ERISA Penalties for Non-Compliance
- The Plan Document and the SPD (Summary Plan Description) are primary documents for welfare benefits such as health, dental, life, vision, disability, FSA, HRA, EAP and other fringe benefit plans where the employer contributes to the cost. The Plan Document is a formal, legal and technical description of the benefit plan. The SPD gives plan participants an easy to understand written summary for each separate benefit communicating plan rights and obligations to the participants. ie: eligibility requirements, benefits, claims and appeals procedures etc.
- Failure to provide an SPD within 30 days of receiving a request from a plan participant can result in a penalty up to $110/day per participant or beneficiary for each violation.
- Lack of an SPD could trigger a plan audit by the DOL as well as additional fines for disregard of this requirement.
- While the SBC and Certificate of Coverage provide description of benefits, these rarely comply with all ERISA requirements.
Please Note: The information, materials and notices provided by Benefitsblvd.com, HR 360, and Health Shop are for general informational purposes only and are not intended to constitute legal or other advice. Health Shop offers information, updates and the availability to access employer information in HR 360, however Health Shop is not qualified to ensure an employer's compliance in regards to ERISA, HIPPA or any or all requirements of local, state or federal agencies. Please refer to accounting professionals and/or professional legal counsel for advice with compliance, laws and requirements for your business.
Health Shop has created an affiliation with an online service allowing employers to create these documents online for a discount, receive guidance on when and how these notices are to be delivered, as well as receive distribution reminders and newsletters with important employer information.
We help employers find the answers to new compliance regulations.
Benefit & Online HR Support
- Compare plans and prices from all major health carriers and assist with plan selection(s).
- Process employee enrollments, terminations and assist with any claims questions or issues.
- Offer onsite employee open enrollment meetings.
- Offer free access to HR 360 for offer support from employee handbooks, employee forms, state laws, posters and much more.
- We can shop and compare dental. life disability, critical illness and business portfolios.
- We have partnered with an online hr service to help you stay compliant with employee notice requirements.
- Help employers determine small or large group status.
- We explain plan differences and compare price options so you can make informed decisions.
- Help determine tax credit eligibility and let you know if you should purchase your plan through the exchange or direct.
- Assist with paper enrollments and online enrollments through the exchange or direct with the carriers.
- We offer consultations in person or simply over the phone.
- We can provide dental, life and additional personal portfolios to help protect you and your family.
Employer Group Health Plans
Individual / Family Health Plans
Our health insurance brokers help you select, enroll and manage your plan throughout the year. We are your advocate when dealing with the insurance companies and take pride in offering exceptional customer service to each and every client. Here is some of what we do:
Example of Health Insurance Notice Requirements
Some notices may be dispersed or be made available to employees via carriers, however there is requirement of the carriers to ensure each notice is provided or provided timely. Example of required notices:
- Continuation of Insurance Notices
- Newborn & Mothers Health & Cancer Rights Act
- Summary of Benefits of Coverage
- Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage Notice
HR 360 Online HR Tool for Employers
Did you know health care premiums are not affected by using the services of an experienced, licensed broker?